« THEY ARE COMING » Scientists detect radio signal sent from 9 billion Light-Years Away from Earth


THEY ARE COMING Scientists detect radio signal sent from 9 billion Light Years Away from Earth

Residing at the intersections of the large-scale structure of the Universe’s Cosmic Web, galaxy clusters are some of the largest gravitationally bound objects in the Universe. Dark matter accounts for roughly 80% of the mass of a galaxy cluster, with baryonic matter accounting for the remaining 20%. Scientists recently discovered intriguing radio structures in the heart of an enormous cluster of galaxies 800 million light years away. What exactly are these structures, and how did scientists discover them? Join us in today’s video as we go over some of the most recent surprising scientific discoveries!

The James Webb Space Telescope outperforms all previous telescopes in measuring faraway galaxies. The James Webb Space Telescope was launched in December of 2021, with a six-month mission to return with the most up-to-date detailed pictures of our universe. The photographs were revealed to the world six months later, in July 2022. Data from the James Webb Space Telescope is critical for a variety of reasons. one of the reasons this data is so important to scientists seeking to figure out how the universe’s early galaxies formed Scientists can achieve the most accurate Stellar Mass estimates from some of the most distant galaxies we’ve ever studied by using the telescope near infrared sensor.

Signals from Space

This new data is significantly more accurate than any other piece of information gathered thus far. Stellar mass, or the mass of a star, is an important statistic that can help astronomers understand how a Galaxy arose and evolved. In fact, it is one of the most crucial pieces of information scientists can use to understand the formation and evolution of a galaxy. During the lifetime of a galaxy, stars are added as dust and gas transform; the Stellar mass of an object estimates the total number of stars in the galaxy.

This allows scientists to properly follow the evolution of the galaxy, and observing distant galaxies allows them to see galaxies in the creation process, which will help them understand our universe on a larger scale. This is just one of many reasons why the new discoveries from the James Webb Space Telescope will be crucial as scientists learn more about the formation of our universe and the galaxies within it.

Like it? Share with your friends!