Holt English Language Development Guide to English for Newcomers pdf
Holt English Language Development Guide to English for Newcomers pdf : Pages 172
The Guide to English for Newcomers familiarizes students with the basic grammar, survival vocabulary, and language they need to obtain necessities, make requests, and understand instructions. The guide consists of 20 lessons, all of which incorporate listening, speaking, reading, and writing. As building a strong foundation is essential to a student’s subsequent progress, the lessons begin with close student-teacher interaction, and later allow for monitored paired or independent student activities.Each lesson is organized around a theme, such as ‘Activities in the Classroom’, ‘In Case of Emergency’, or ‘What Happened Last Weekend?’ This, along with the numerous speaking, writing, and reading opportunities in each lesson, ensures that each student interacts with both lesson content and with his or her peers and teacher.Each Lesson contains:
– A detailed lesson plan with prompts and tips for the teacher.
– Word drills to ensure proper pronunciation.
– A Language Blast for fast acquisition of vocabulary.
– An array of worksheets to focus on lesson vocabulary, lesson grammar, and reading and listening comprehension.
– Paired speaking exercises simulating real-life situations.
– Grammar and vocabulary reinforcement activities allowing for student response.
– A reading application to promote independent practice of the lesson material.
An Answer Key is included.