Solid State Chemistry An Introduction Fourth Edition pdf
Solid State Chemistry An Introduction Fourth Edition pdf : Pages 494
By Elaine A. Moore and Lesley E. Smart
An Introduction to Crystal Structures ;Physical Methods for Characterising Solids ; Synthesis of Solids ; Solids : Their Bonding and Electronic Properties ; Defects and Nonstoichiometry ;Microporous and Mesoporous Solids ; Optical Properties of Solids ; Magnetic and Electrical Properties ; Superconductivity ; Nanostructures and Solids with Low-Dimensional Properties.
The book covers:
- A range of synthetic and physical techniques used to prepare and characterize solids
- Bonding, superconductivity, and electrochemical, magnetic, optical, and conductive properties
- STEM, ionic conductivity, nanotubes and related structures such as graphene, metal organic frameworks, and FeAs superconductors
- Biological systems in synthesis, solid state modeling, and metamaterials
This largely nonmathematical introduction to solid state chemistry includes basic crystallography and structure determination, as well as practical examples of applications and modern developments to offer students the opportunity to apply their knowledge in real-life situations and serve them well throughout their degree course.
New in the Fourth Edition
- Coverage of multiferroics, graphene, and iron-based high temperature superconductors, the techniques available with synchrotron radiation, and metal organic frameworks (MOFs)
- More space devoted to electron microscopy and preparative methods
- New discussion of conducting polymers in the expanded section on carbon nanoscience