Facts About Venus
Facts About Venus :
Basic Information About Venus :
1. Venus is the 2nd planet from the Sun (67.2 million miles from the Sun).
2. The planet is 7520 miles in diameter (0.95 that of the Earth).
3. A “day” on Venus is 117 days long because it rotates very slowly.
4. Venus takes 225 days to complete one orbit of the Sun.
5. Venus has an extremely thick atmosphere and the surface can only be imaged using radar.
6. The thick CO2 atmosphere produces an extreme “greenhouse” effect; the surface temperature of the planet is 870 degrees Fahrenheit, hot enough to melt lead.
7. Venus’ surface is covered with thousands of volcanoes.
Read this Great document